DALAT LAM DONG PROVINCE
Dalat (VN: Đà Lạt) is the capital of Lam Dong Province, located on a Langbian plateau (Central Highlands – Tay Nguyen) at an altitude of 1500 m above sea level, which provides far cooler temperatures than Mekong Delta, Nha Trang, Phan Thiet (Mui Ne) or in any other parts in the coast of South China Sea. Tay Nguyen translated as Western Highlands and sometimes called also Central Highlands and it contains the provinces of Dak Lak, Dak Nong, Gia Lai, Kon Tum, Lam Dong. This region is sometimes referred to as Cao nguyên Trung bộ (literally “Midland Highlands”). The Dalat is surrounded by nature, hillsides, lakes, pine forests with beautiful elegant French colonial villas. Dalat is a medium-sized Vietnamese city that resembles the French Alps, lies 300 km from Ho Chi Minh City, 160 km from Phan Thiet (Mui Ne) and 135 km from Nha Trang, which makes Dalat a popular destination for both local and foreign tourists. Furthermore, the Dalat called “the city of a thousand pine trees“ and “City of Eternal Spring” because of its mild climate all year round with the temperatures 15 °C – 24 °C. The highest temperatures which are ever fixed is 31.5 ° C and the lowest -0.6 ° C. The dry season is from November to March, and the raining season from April to October. The raining season is the best time for visiting Dalat’s waterfalls, as they are in this period massive.
LIEN KHUONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Dalat International airport, Lien Khuong Airport (IATA: DLI, ICAO: VVDL) is the largest airport in Lam Dong Province, located 30 km from Dalat downtown, in Duc Trong District. The airport was built in 1933 by the French colonists with a 700-meter-long runway and reconstructed 1956 – 1960 by the American army. The last major reconstruction completed in December 2009.
HOW TO GET FROM AIRPORT TO DOWNTOWN?
If you’re flying to Dalat first time and want to get to Dalat towntown then here you’ll find few tips on how to get from Dalat Lien Khuong airport to downtown of Dalat.
– Airport transfer
– Taxi service
– Motorbike taxi
– Shuttle bus
– Airport transportation service. Personal driver services. The quality airport transfer service provided by liveinmuine.com. Liveinmuine.com an International Team providing Dalat airport transfers, since 2008 and we are committed to continuous improvement in our performance. Well-priced airport transfers provided from Dalat airport to Cam Ranh, Mui Ne, Nha Trang, Saigon or Dalat city center in clean, comfortable, well-maintained vehicles driven by courteous and experienced drivers. On arrival at Dalat airport, your personal driver will be waiting for you upon exiting the airport, he will hold a sign with your name. Payment in the local currency or in US dollars should be made directly to the driver upon reaching your destination or you can pay using your debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard, JCB). Our online reservation form gives a price in USD & VND and allows you to select a fair price for your transfer, you will need only a few minutes to submit a form. Prices for a private transfer from the Dalat airport to Mui Ne cost $85 US. More info and reservations: Liveinmuine.com Dalat Airport transfers
– Taxi service. There are a lot of taxis at the Dalat airport. Upon arrival at airport, you will see many taxi companies who are waiting outside of the airport terminal. We suggest two main tax service providers: Mai Linh (white and green taxis) and Vinasun (white taxis).
– Grab/Uber. Uber no longer offers taxi sharing services in Vietnam and their commitments in Vietnam took over Grab. If you have SIM card you can order a taxi from GRAB.
– Motorbike taxi. Outside of the terminal, you can catch a motorbike taxi in case, if you do not have a lot of luggage. Always, a price for a trip should be negotiated before you jump to a motorbike as they do not have taximeters.
– Shuttle bus. The buses running from Dalat International Airport to Dalat downtown daily. The cost is around 50.000 Dongs and on average, the trip takes 45 minutes.
READ OUR LATEST REVIEWS
TOP SIGHTSEEING SPOTS
Hang Nga is a guesthouse, known as the “Crazy House” is an unconventional building designed by Vietnamese architect Đặng Việt Nga. Described as a “fairy tale house” (VN: Hang Nga, 姮娥, is the Chinese goddess of the Moon), the building’s overall design resembles a giant tree, incorporating sculptured design elements representing natural forms. Its architecture, comprising complex, organic, non-rectilinear shapes, has been described as expressionist. Crazy House formally called “Hang Nga Villa”. The Hang Nga Villa was first built in 1990 and will be completed in 2020. Website: Hang Nga Villa. Addr: 03 Huynh Thuc Khang St., Ward 4, Dalat City, Vietnam. Tel: +84-63-3-822-070.
The Truc Lam Temple located on Phượng Hoàng Hill near the Tuyền Lăm Lake. One of the objectives of the temple was to recreate the spirit of Zen Buddhism during the Trần Dynasty that ruled Vietnam from 1225 to 1400. The temple is on a plot of land encompassing 24 hectares and two hectares that are occupied by buildings, divided into two areas, the domestic areas and public areas. The domestic area is closed to the public. Each of the domestic quarters has two meeting rooms for the sangha, a meditation hall, a kitchen, dining room, and a shed. Currently, there are approximately 50 monks and 50 nuns in religious practice at the temple.
Tuyen Lam Lake is a man-made lake in the city of Dalat with its beautiful natural landscape and pure air, the lake attracts a lot of tourists. You can rent a motorbike and discover around this beautiful lake. The lake is stunning in the morning where hills are covered with the morning mist, creating a really majestic scenery. Sunset is also beautiful to see the purple sunset, and you will be really impressed.
Datanla waterfall includes a small series of waterfalls, a roller coaster, a cablecar and hiking trails lies only 5 km from Dalat. Legend saying that this was a spot where fairies from heaven gathered together to take a bath. Moreover, to contemplate the primitive beauty of Datanla Waterfall, visitors can choose to walk down from a mountain through the forest or take a roller coaster to slide down by curves and mountain slopes. There are also some interesting activities as cable car, rope climbing at Tu Than Abyss, floating on stream flow, etc. Address: QL20 Đèo Prenn, Phường 3, Thành phố Đà Lạt, Lâm Đồng
LANGBIANG. The views from the top are amazing, and the perfect place to relax with some food and coffee. It’s worth hiking up and down as the forest trail on the way is beautiful and calming. Worth a visit! Since Lang Biang consists of the two highest peaks of Lam Vien Highland: Lang Biang (2,167m) and 2,287m high Bidoup Ban, which is often regarded as the roof of Dalat. The mountain is famous for its spectacular nature, as well as its marvelous view of the whole wide area of Dalat City, the forest, the rivers and houses of tribal people.
CLAY TUNNEL. The clay tunnel is a miniature version of Dalat. Covers more than 1,200 square meters of lush pine forest, the clay tunnel is a new artificial wonder for Dalat city. Read more: Dalat model village, Clay Tunnel
VALLEY OF LOVE. Since the 1930s, lovers have chosen the Valley of Love as a dating place. The valley nestles among high mountains, with the view to the majestic Langbiang Highland from afar. At the Valley of Thousand Flowers, also known as the Valley of Love, tourists can contemplate France’s Eiffel Tower, England’s Big Ben, Malaysia’s Petronas Towers among some 30 wonders of the world. A wonderful world of miniatures is in the valley, deserving to be explored. In the coming time, the valley will have more camping grounds and gift shops, creating more opportunities for tourists to enjoy the scenery and services of this dreaming highland area.
SIGHTSEEING TOURS FROM MUI NE TO DALAT
We organize full day private sightseeing tours from Mui Ne to Dalat. A private tour means that you don’t have to “share” your guide/car with anyone else. Private tours are interactive, you get your guide’s full attention. No deposit, no booking fees, you simply pay after the trip directly to the tour guide or driver or pay using a debit/credit card (VISA/MasterCard). Liveinmuine.com is a licensed service provider and we have more than 10 years of experience! Take a look at what we can offer to you and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or if you would like us to tailor something for your specific plans. FULL DAY SIGHTSEEING TOUR TO DALAT HIGHLAND
Read more: Entertainment show, Dalat – A Miracle Night